Bernhardt Furniture Company (“Bernhardt Furniture,” “we,” “our” or “us”) operates the website https://www.bernhardt.com (the “Site”). This Privacy Statement applies to information collected by or on behalf of Bernhardt furniture through the Site, by email, by phone or other offline interactions with you, and anywhere else we display this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the Services and your rights and choices with regard to information we collect.
What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
“Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. When you visit the Site or interact with our Services, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you voluntarily submit, and information that we automatically collect as you browse the Site.
1) Information You Voluntarily Submit.
We collect and store any information you enter on the Site, or provide to us in offline contacts we have with you through the Services. We collect information from you in the following areas:
- REGISTRATION FORMS – We may collect personal information if you register for certain services on the Site. For example, if you register on the Site to receive emails, including advanced notice of promotions or notices of special events; to save your wish list items; for customer service submissions; to enter sweepstakes, contests, raffles or other promotions; or to register your product purchases, we will generally ask you to provide contact information (and purchase information if you are registering a product with us). Contact information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, and other optional demographic information that you choose to provide (e.g., age range, marital status, annual family income, level of education, whether you own or rent you primary residence, the value of your home, whether children under 18 live at home, and whether it is your first purchase with us). Purchase information may include purchase date, store name, store city, state and zip code. You may, however, visit the Site without registering.
- EMAIL – On several screens of the Site you also have an opportunity to communicate with us by email. You may also choose to provide your email address and first and last name to receive communications from us.
- OTHER OFFLINE INTERACTIONS – If you attend a furniture show, event or showroom visit, we may collect certain business information from you including your business contact information.
2) Information Collected and Stored Automatically and Technologies We Use to Collect It.
When you browse the Site, you and your Web browser may also transmit information that we automatically collect. We log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), the Web pages you visit and the time of your visit, click path taken through the Site, and your usage of features on the Site. Other information automatically provided to us by your Web browser is the type of computer, operating system and browser you are using. This information helps us manage, improve and customize the Site. This information (also called “traffic data”) is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as an identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
3) Information from Other Sources.
We may also receive information from other sources. If you attend an event as a business representative, for example, and provide your business contact information, then we may receive that information from the event host.
Usage of Your Personal Information
In general, we use the personal information you provide for our business purposes, including to respond to your requests, to register you for an event, to provide the Services or products you requested, to communicate with you about the Services, our products and services, and to do all things necessary to administer the Site and manage, protect and to improve the content, appearance and utility of the Site; to track our visitors’ use of the Site for internal research; and to notify our visitors of updates to the Services or of new products or services.
In addition, we may operate promotions that may require online registration. We typically ask you for certain information when you enter and, if applicable, win a sweepstake, contest, raffle or similar promotion.
Sharing of Your Information
From time to time, we may contract with service providers to provide certain services including data management, promotional services, to process catalog orders, email distribution, digital asset management, website hosting and functionality. We may provide these providers with the information needed for them to perform those contracted services.
We may share information with third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, raffles and promotions (irrespective of whether it is hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such sweepstakes, contest, raffle or promotion. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstake, contest, raffle and promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about our or a sponsor’s use of your information.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, reorganization or liquidation of our business. We reserve the right to disclose any personal information as needed if that information is requested by law enforcement agencies or if we are required to do so by law, treaty, regulation, subpoena, court order, or by a government entity. We also may disclose your personal information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to conduct investigations of possible breaches of law, to cooperate in any legal investigation, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating any agreement with us.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your personal information that you share with us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of any such individual, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do-Not-Track and Third-Party Tracking Disclosures
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. The Site does not currently respond to browser based “do not track” signals. To learn more about your choices regarding this type of data collection or to opt-out of interest-based advertising by members of the NAI or the DAA, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org or https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
We contract with service providers to serve or send advertisements on our behalf. We work with these advertising service providers that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our advertising providers may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails and communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us. These service providers may link the anonymous information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device and collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or purchase information. These service providers use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes.
We do not permit third parties to collect personal information through cookies or other tools on the Site concerning your online activities over time across different websites for the third parties’ own purposes. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies but doing so may prevent you from accessing all functionality of the Site.
We may provide links on the Site to third-party websites we think may be of interest to you, including links to social media sites such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. These websites are independent from Bernhardt Furniture Company and have their own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites. Whenever you click on links on the Site that take you to a third-party website, you will be subject to the third party’s privacy policies. We recommend that you review the third-parties’ privacy polices before you visit these websites.
Notice to Users Outside the United States
We are based in the United States. Personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our corporate affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world. If you are located outside of the United States, be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in the United States and that, by submitting information to us, you explicitly authorize its transfer and storage within the United States. We will protect the privacy and security of personal information according to this Privacy Statement and the laws of the United States regardless of where it is processed or stored.
Notice to California Residents
Your CCPA Rights
The information included in this section applies to residents of California. If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, including anything in this section for California residents, or would like a printed copy of this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print a copy of this Privacy Statement, by selecting the “Print” button in your web browser.
Collection of Personal Information
For details on the personal information (as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 or the “CCPA”) we collected about California residents in the last 12 months, the sources of that information, our business or commercial purposes for collecting that information, and the third parties with whom we shared that information, please refer to the corresponding sections of this Privacy Statement as follows:
- What personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?: Categories of personal information we collected and the sources from which it was collected
- Usage of Your Personal Information: Our business or commercial purposes for collecting personal information
- Sharing of Your Information: Third parties with whom we shared personal information
Your CCPA Rights and How to Exercise Them
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights, pursuant to the CCPA. These CCPA rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions. Please see the information below for a summary of your rights and how to exercise your rights. Please note that we may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal information we collect, the purposes for which we collected, sold or disclosed that information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the information in the last 12 months. To exercise this right, send an email to email@example.com (please put “CCPA” in the subject line) or visit [insert URL] to submit your request using the webform.
- Right to Access. You have the right to access the specific pieces of personal information that we collected, used, disclosed or sold about you in the preceding 12 months. To exercise this right, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “CCPA” in the subject line) or visit [insert URL] to submit your request using the webform.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to delete personal information that we collect or maintain about you. To exercise this right, send an email to email@example.com (please put “CCPA” in the subject line) or visit [insert URL] to submit your request using the webform. You will be required to provide certain information which we will use to verify your request. Please note that certain exceptions apply to this right, such as when we must retain your information to comply with law. We will notify you of any such exceptions as applicable to your request.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights. However, we may offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know or right to request deletion in accordance with applicable law.
You can exercise your CCPA rights yourself or you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Your authorized agent must be able to demonstrate authority to act on your behalf as further instructed when submitting a verifiable request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclosed personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes (e.g., marketing) during the last 12 months as further described in the “Sharing of Your Information” section above.
- We do not and will not sell your personal information.
- We do not knowingly collect the personal information of minors under age 16 and do not sell such information.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Privacy Statement at any time. You should check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement will mean that you accept those changes.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.