- New Products
- Dining Room
- Home Office
- Living Room
- Room Settings
- Design Resources
- What's New
Frequently Asked Questions
Purchasing Furniture & Catalogs
- Is it possible to purchase Bernhardt products online?
- Can I buy Bernhardt furniture directly from Bernhardt?
- I would like to know the prices of the pieces I am considering buying. Do you have a price list on-line?
- I would like to see a specific piece. How do I know which retailer has it in their store?
- Can I get a catalog of Bernhardt furniture?
- I like a bed shown on your Web site. Do your beds come in different sizes?
- How about sofas? How do I know if a style I like is available in a loveseat or sectional?
- I ordered a platform bed. Do I need a box spring?
- How does the touch dimmer work in my china cabinet?
- I recently moved and in the move a drawer handle was damaged on my dresser. What should I do?
- The movers lost the leaves to my table. Can I get replacements?
- A Bernhardt product I purchased was recently damaged. What steps should be taken to get it repaired?
- The fabric on my sofa has a stain. Can I put it in my washing machine?
- The leather on my sofa is beginning to split and crack. Is there anything I can do to recondition it?
- How do I find tips for caring for my Bernhardt products?
- What is Bernhardt’s warranty on their products?
- Can I register my Bernhardt furniture online?
- What is the warranty on lighting systems, TV emitters and other electronic components?
- I need to file a warranty claim. How should I proceed?
Sourcing & Manufacturing
Sales & Promotions
- How can I find out when you are having a sale?
- If I give you my name and contact information, how do I know that you will not sell my contact information to other companies?
Purchasing Furniture & Catalogs
A: Bernhardt Furniture is sold through fine retailers across the country, as well as in many retailers outside the United States. A complete listing of retailers in your area can be found by clicking on Where to Buy.
A: Retail furniture stores are valuable sources for advice, design assistance, delivery and setup services. Bernhardt sells its products through retailers across the country, as well as in many retailers outside the United States. A complete listing of retailers in your area can be found by clicking on Where to Buy. Please note: Authorized Bernhardt Retailers carry a variety of our furniture pieces and collections. Please contact the retailer nearest you for information about the products offered at their location.
A: Bernhardt sells only to Authorized Retailers. You will need to contact the retailer closest to you for this information. To see a complete listing of retailers in your area, click on Where to Buy.
A: Bernhardt does not determine what pieces our retailers display in their store(s). Please contact the retailers closest to you for this information. To see a complete listing of retailers in your area, click on Where to Buy.
A: Catalogs are available to purchase on-line for a small fee. To order a catalog, click here.
A: Bernhardt’s beds are usually made in Queen, King, and California King sizes. A few styles do come in Twin and Full sizes. The retailer closest to you can verify what sizes are available for the bed style you like. To see a complete listing of retailers in your area, click on Where to Buy.
A: To verify if a sofa style is available in a loveseat or sectional, view our upholstery offerings on-line or visit the retailer closest to you. To see a complete listing of retailers in your area, click on Where to Buy.
A: Yes. Bernhardt does not make true platform beds, so you will need a mattress and box spring.
A: Your touch dimmer has three settings to maximize your dimming capabilities. First touch is low level lighting, second touch is medium and the third touch is for the highest setting. For more information on how your touch dimmer works, you can view these videos from the manufacturer of the dimmers.
Damage, Replacement & Care & Cleaning
A: Often damaged parts can be replaced. If you need to get a replacement part for a Bernhardt item, contact the retailer closest to you for assistance. To see a complete listing of retailers in your area, click on Where to Buy.
A: The leaves are cut at the same time as the table to ensure a proper fit. Bernhardt does not cut extra leaves for replacement parts. This is the same for doors and drawers.
A: In every situation possible, the best path to follow for questions or problems after your product is delivered is to contact the retailer where you purchased your furniture. They will be the best source for helping solve your problem.
A: No. Our fabrics are not machine washable. All of our fabrics have a specific cleaning code that comes from our fabric vendors. You can contact your nearest retailer for this code and cleaning instructions.
A: Our leather vendors recommend using only products specific for leather furniture, which are free of alcohol and other drying chemicals. Most importantly, your leather piece should be kept out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources to prevent drying. For more information, view our Care & Cleaning suggestions.
A: Tips to help you care for your Bernhardt products are available for wood and upholstered furniture here.
A: Bernhardt stands behind their products. View the full Bernhardt warranty for wood or upholstered furniture here.
A: Yes! You can register your furniture online by clicking here.
A: Lighting supplies, TV emitters and other electronically related components are warranted by each respective manufacturer.
The Furnlite Company offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty on all Furnlite products (excluding light bulbs) for the life of the furniture to the original purchaser. Furnlite items in our furniture include, but are not limited to:
• FC-105 - 2-7/8” tall x 3-1/4” diameter Canister Light with “T” Blade Connectors
• FC-106 - 2-7/8” tall x 3-1/4” diameter Canister Light with “T” Blade Connector
• FC-470 - Large Puck Light
• FC-505 - 3 Stage Touch Dimmer
• FC-880-48 – 48” Touch Lead with Ring Terminal
• FC-883-ANT – Touch Button, with screw attach
For more complete warranty information, please contact Furnlite directly at 704-538-3193.
A: You will need to contact the retailer where you purchased your furniture to file your claim. They will need photos and the original purchase invoice.
Sourcing & Manufacturing
A: Bernhardt Furniture is produced in a number of manufacturing facilities around the world – eight of which are in North Carolina.
A: We source materials globally in order to create a unique look and feel to the pieces in our product line. We are committed to ethical sourcing and expect our suppliers to apply the same scrutiny to their supply chain as we do. For more information about our Ethical Sourcing, click here.
Sales & Promotions
A: We would love to keep you updated with news of special promotional offers and events! Just add your name to our e-mail list here and we will send you notices of promotions and special offers. (You can remove your name or manage your profile at any time.) Sales that are currently in progress can also be found on our Promotions page.
A: Bernhardt has the utmost respect for your privacy. We promise never to sell your contact information to anyone. Our promise is our guarantee.
A: Bernhardt is committed to providing a safe workplace and to maintaining sound and sustainable business practices for the benefit of our employees, shareholders, community, and customers.
We pledge to conserve raw materials and natural resources, while recycling and reducing waste, to promote the use of raw materials and manufacturing processes which contribute to clean air and water, and to strive to use non-toxic, renewable, and recyclable materials.
Employee involvement at every level is considered a major component of meeting these goals and objectives. We also have an open dialog and participation with governmental agencies, our trade associations, and our community, in order to improve our environment.
Read more about our environmental policy here.