Bernhardt | Celebrating one hundred twenty-five years
Bernhardt Furniture Company, Inc. was established in 1889, in Lenoir NC, by John Mathias Bernhardt. At 125 years of age, we are among the country’s largest family-owned furniture companies and a leading diversified global furniture manufacturer.
The company operates eight manufacturing facilities and its corporate headquarters in North Carolina, and employs some 1,250 people worldwide including five overseas offices. Our 75,000 sq. ft. showroom is located in High Point NC. Our furniture is found in homes, offices, hotels and universities worldwide.
Our furniture has received numerous awards for product design excellence, in diverse market segments. Our company has earned AHFA’s environmental excellence award for corporate performance.
Now led by the fourth generation, Bernhardt remains deeply committed to the values upon which we were founded: high business standards, the artistry of furniture making, the generations of artisans who form the bedrock of our company, and the welfare of our local community.
- Alex Bernhardt, Sr. - Chairman
- Anne Bernhardt - Vice Chairman
- Alex Bernhardt, Jr. - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Rountree Collett - Chief Operating Officer; President, Bernhardt Ventures (Design|Hospitality)
- Jerry Helling - President, Bernhardt Design
- William Collett - Executive Vice President, General Manager, Residential Casegoods
- Harland Dick - Executive Vice President, General Manager, Residential Upholstery
- Ron Fiore - Vice President, Creative Director, Residential
Bernhardt Residential -Established 1889. Whole-home casegoods and occasional furniture, fabric and leather upholstered seating. Available at mainstream price points from a range of global retail outlets and residential designers.
Bernhardt Design - Established 1981. Contemporary office furniture and textiles for the contract market. Available through architectural and design firms.
Bernhardt Interiors - Established 2008. A curated whole-home collection of eclectic, customizable, high-design furniture. Available at mainstream price points from a range of global retail outlets and residential designers.
Bernhardt Hospitality - Established 2009. Commercial furniture for the travel and leisure market. Available through architectural and design firms.
Bernhardt Furniture Company
PO Box 740
1839 Morganton Blvd
Lenoir, NC 28645